Coaches who are the home team at the first game of the day should plan on arriving at the gym a minimum of 30-45 minutes before gametime to set up. If you are the last team to have a game that day (check the schedule), please break down the gym. If you have any issues, use the contact numbers on the Gym Contacts page or below. The following notes are the setup procedures for CC home courts
Remember that for all home games, the home team is responsible for both the scorebook and the scoreboard! Try to organize this in advance to avoid firedrills. The refs are usually helpful with scoreboard operation if you get stuck. Both teams usually have someone doing their books at each game, but the home team has the official scorebook. Feel free to encourage collaboration with the other person doing the book if you think you may have discrepancy with point, fouls, etc.
We only rent the big gym. The small gym is off limits on game days. Please make sure you make an announcement before the game that parking is not allowed on Carr Road or in the semi-circle, and that violators risk being towed.
- Unlock the gym building if it's not already open. (Check that you have the key the night before!!!)
- If the lights are off, the switch is just to the right on the wall through the gym door.
- Set up the scoring table and three chairs if they are not already in place.
- The controller for the Fenn scoreboard is in the office (and can be opened with your key). Plug it in and test the Fenn scoreboard. Be sure to put a blanket underneath it to eliminate static discharge (the blanket is in the office).
- Put the scoreboard controller back in the case and put it in the office. Make sure the office is locked.
- If you are the last game of the day, make sure the gym door is locked.
Issues? Call or text Maggie Magner (Fenn Operations Manager) at 508-308-9925.
Carlisle Corey Gym
The entrance to Corey Gym is to the left of the school (i.e., don't walk up the stairs).
- The gym should already be unlocked by the custodian when you arrive, and the bleachers should be pulled out.
- There is a table and folding chairs when you walk into the gym entrance to the left of the trophy case. Set up the scorers table with three chairs on the opposite side of the court from the bleachers.
- Set up the portable CCYB Scoreboard. It's located on top of the refrigerator in room C011 on the right hand wall of the gym when you walk in. All you have to do is plug it in. Vendor instructions on how to operate/setup are here.
- There are folding chairs in the hallway to the right of the gym. Wheel a set into the gym. You can set up 8-10 chairs on each side of the scoring table for each team's bench.
- Put away the scoreboard and put it back on top of the refrigerators.
- Put away the folding table and chairs
Issues? Call the 978-314-0685 emergency line and leave a message. Rich Price will return the call.
There are two courts for Middlesex -- the JV court is on the left, and Varsity court is on the right. The team on the JV Court should set up that side of gym, and the team on the Varsity Court should set up that side of the gym. No one else is allowed to use the gym facilities during our rentals, including Middlesex students. Please tell anyone trying to play at the far end of the gym that they are not allowed to play while we are using the courts. There are wood-legged chairs in the lobby of the Middlesex gym that must not be used, as they scrape the floor.
- The gym should already be unlocked by the custodian when you arrive.
- Pull out the bleachers for the Varsity Court.
- Move the movable bleachers for the JV court to the far aside of the gym.
- Set up the scoring tables, chairs, and benches along the edges of the gym, not the middle of the gym.
- The Varsity Court should use the rubber-footed chairs that are on the movable cart.
- The JV Court should use the portable, expandable benches. Provide two folding chairs for each team for coaches.
- Pull the curtain between the two gyms to separate the spaces.
- Set up the scoreboards. They are located in the storage closet next to the AD office. On the varsity court, the plug is located between the bleachers. On the JV court, it's in the middle of the far wall next to the emergency exit door.
- Put the tables and folding chairs back in the far corner.
- Put away the scoreboards.
- JV Court: Move the bleachers back against the far interior wall.
- JV Court: Put the folding benches back in the far corner.
Issues? Find the operations manager on site, who will most likely be around the hockey rink.