What is the CCYB Travel Program?
The Concord Carlisle Youth Basketball Travel Program enters competitive travel teams for boys and girls (grades 4-8) in the MetroWest Travel Basketball League.
The CC Youth Basketball Travel Program is a competitive program. As such, the Program expects that basketball will be the player’s number one sport during the season. We would respectfully request that you seek alternative programs if basketball is not your number one sport during the winter season. Basketball playoffs extend into the first two weeks in March, and it is unfair to a player's team if a player will not participate in playoff games. In addition, we would expect players to commit to two practices per week (one for 4th grade) and up to two games on certain weekends (one for 4th grade).
- Tryouts for the CC Youth Basketball Travel Program will be held in October. Online registration for tryouts is required.
- Girls tryouts will be held in the main gym at the Fenn School on Sunday, October 8th and Tuesday, October 10th. 4th & 5th grade tryouts will run from 1:00-2:30 p.m. on 10/8 and 7:00-8:00 p.m. on 10/10. 6th-8th grade will run from 2:30-4:00 p.m. on 10/8 and 8:00-9:00 p.m. on 10/10. We strongly recommend that your daughter attend both days.
- Boys tryouts will be on Tuesday, October 24 and Wednesday, October 25 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and will be managed by professional evaluators. Each grade is assigned a 90-minute time slot. There will be a second session on Saturday, October 25 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. that will be managed by the coaches. Location is to be determined. The timing of the tryouts has been coordinated in conjunction with the Patriot Hoops Clinics to allow for the boys to get warmed up with basketball. While not required, we highly recommend the boys attend as many of these sessions as they can.
- 4th Grade Boys: 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 24 @ Sanborn Middel School and 9:00 - 10:00 on Saturday, October 28 at CCHS
- 5th Grade Boys: 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 26 at CCHS and 10:00 - 11:00 on Saturday, October 28 at CCHS
- 6th Grade Boys: 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 25 at CCHS and 11:00 - 12:00 on Saturday, October 28 at CCHS
- 7th Grade Boys: 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 26 at CCHS and 12:00 - 1:00 on Saturday, October 28 at CCHS
- 8th Grade Boys: 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 25 at CCHS and 1:00 - 2:00 on Saturday, October 28 at CCHS
- The school grade that a player will be in the fall of 2017 determines the team. The Program is not based on age, grade only.
- In order to obtain a fair evaluation, the expectation of the Program is that each player attend tryouts for two sessions. However, in cases where players cannot attend two sessions, each player must attend at least one tryout session.
- In cases where a player cannot try out because of a documented injury, prior notification must be sent to the Boys or Girls Director (see below for contact information). In addition, the player must be registered for tryouts. We will use our sole discretion in placing that player on a team.
- The Selection process for the various grades and teams will begin as soon as all tryouts have been completed, and will be based on evaluations conducted at the tryouts, as well as input from coaches.
- The number of teams per grade has not been determined, and will depend upon the number of players who try out and are selected to a team. Please note that we will attempt to have two teams per grade (except for boys & girls 4th grade teams).
- You will be notified via e-mail as soon as the selection process is finalized.
We will identify and select the coaching candidates. Coach selections are based on the candidate's coaching and basketball background, including prior experience in the CCYB Travel Program as well as other youth related leadership activities.
Given that this is a competitive Program, we thought it necessary to review our policy on playing time. We think it's important to review so that there are no misunderstandings.
Playing time is at the coach’s discretion. There is no set rule, nor set amount of playing time per game, as many factors affect the amount of playing time in any given week, tournament, and/or game. The following factors will be considered relative to playing time: 1) skill level and applied basketball knowledge, 2) attendance at practices, 3) attitude, 4) work ethic and hustle, 5) situations, 6) matchups, 7) foul trouble, 8) fatigue, and 9) injury. Coaches will manage the playing time of each player based on the aforementioned factors.
What is the Cost?
$300 (grades 5-8) and $250 (grade 4) includes gym time, referees, league fee, pre-season tournament fee, and clinics. If a new uniform is needed, there is an additional cost of $75 (jersey $45, shorts $15, personalized shooting shirt $15) -- the cost for the boy's uniforms will be slightly higher due to the need to change providers to accomodate a tight schedule.
** Please note, the cost for the team is for the regular season (November–March) and DOES NOT include the CCHS fall clinics.
**If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact the boys or girls Director at the bottom of the page.
Uniforms, shooting shirts, and basketballs are included in the registration cost. Basketball shoes and mouth guard (highly recommended) are NOT included in the program cost.
If you will be purchasing your own basketballs, please note the proper basketball size:
Boys grades 4th, 5th & 6th and girls all grades: standard women’s ball 28.5 inch
Boys grades 7th & 8th standard men’s ball 29.5 inch
3 preseason tournament games: late Nov 2017
12 Sunday league games: Dec 2017-Feb 2018
6 Saturday non-league games: Dec 2017-Feb 2018
MetroWest Playoffs: beginning of March
Total Games: 21 + 1-3 playoff games
CCHS Fall Clinics:
In addition to our clinics, we strongly encourage participation in those offered by the CCHS varsity basketball coaches. We emphasize that participation is not mandatory, but it is a great opportunity for all players to work on their skills in preparation for the winter basketball season. You will find the clinic information at https://www.patriothoopclinics.com. Registration for the fall is currently open for boys and girls.
Marc Caruso, Boys Travel Director, 978-618-7906, e-mail
Ron Lamothe, Girls Travel Director, 978-760-3838, e-mail